Introductory Workshop | Hybrid Format (July)
Centro Baraka – Donostia – San Sebastián
The workshop lasts two days and is both theoretical and practical.
The content is the following:
- Definition of trauma according to the SE approach.
- What is SE and what sets it apart from other therapies?
- The three fundamental principles of SE.
- Historical and cultural perspective of trauma.
- The Autonomic Nervous System.
- Resilience and self-regulation.
- Demonstrations and videos.
- Work in groups and practical exercises.
Unlike cognitive and emotional therapies (“top-down” approaches), SE is a “bottom-up” approach that stimulates awareness of bodily sensations and movements to integrate them into thought and emotion.
Cognition and emotions are included in the practice of SE but are considered secondary or derived from physical sensations via a bottom-up processing.
THIS WORKSHOP IS AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT TO ACCESS OFFICIAL TRAINING
Places are limited and the date of payment will determine the order of registration.
Founder and director of SOS INTERNATIONALE, she is a midwife, Rolfer, Somatic Experiencing® therapist and founding Secretary of the EASE (European Association of Somatic Experiencing®) council.