What you get with the Official Training?
Our training is endorsed by SEI (Somatic Experiencing® International). Once the training requirements are met, students are certified as Somatic Experiencing® Practitioners (SEPs)®.
Somatic Experiencing® (SE) is a valuable tool designed to develop the skills of professionals who deal with trauma or stress in their patients, by leveraging their innate resources.
The presence, self-regulation, and balance that the nervous system acquires through SE, makes our own body wisdom appear naturally, thus healing body, mind, and soul.
Who is it for?
Psychologists and psychotherapists, psychiatrists, doctors, nurses, workers and social workers, physiotherapists and osteopaths, educators and, in general, for any health professional interested in training in this new paradigm on the approach to trauma.
Requirement to Access Training
Following EASE (European Association of Somatic Experiencing®), participation in an Introductory Workshop is a prerequisite to access the 3 year Training. ®
As preparation for the training, it is recommended to start receiving SE® sessions (a minimum of 3 sessions guided by an SE® professional).
It is mandatory to belong to a group with a deontological/ethical code.
CERTIFICATE OF SOMATIC EXPERIENCING PRACTITIONER
(216h. of Credit)
15h Individual Therapy Sessions
18 credits of Supervision.
- Each module consists of six days of work. In some modules there may be a rest day in the middle of the course. In some modules there may be a rest day in the middle of the module.
- Each student must complete the total number of individual therapy sessions and individual/group supervisions, as well as attend the 6 modules. The purpose of this policy is for students to know Somatic Experiencing® on a personal level so they can integrate it into their professional practice.
- Of the 15 hours of individual therapy, a minimum of 10 individual sessions must be received with the Training Providers.
- 3 hours of group supervision equals 1 hour of individual supervision, because the attention given in the group supervision is less individualized.
- As far as supervisions are concerned, 6 credits out of the 18 required must be taken with a SE® Faculty Instructor.
- In addition, 9 credits out of the 18 required for supervision, must be individual.
- In the event that the student has not completed the number of personal sessions and/or supervisions at the end of the training, they will have two extra years to complete them, and thus receive the SEP diploma (Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner).
- The cost of training does not include therapy or supervision sessions. These will be paid separately.
- The training will be taught in English with Spanish translation or in Spanish.
The Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner Certification (SEP) is not a license to practice psychotherapy or body work. This license is delivered by the appropriate government agencies of each country..
If for reasons of force majeure (Covid-19), it is not feasible or advisable to carry out the training in-person, the organization reserves the right to adopt the online format. The decision will be taken module by module.
English/Spaish: It is taught in English with subsequent translation into Spanish.
Spanish: Taught only in Spanish.
9:30/10:00 – 18:30/19:00 (CE(S)T)
|Advanced Year||Module 2 (II/III)||Madrid||Oct. 9 to 15, 2023||Lael K. Keen||English/Spanish||+info|
|Intermediate Year||Module 2 (II/III)||El Rompido||May. 2 to 8, 2023||Pedro Prado||English/Spanish||+info|
|Advanced Year||Module 1 (I/II)||El Rompido||Sept. 11 to 17, 2023||Pedro Prado||English/Spanish||+info|
|Advanced Year||Module 2 (II/III)||El Rompido||Apr. 25 to May. 1, 2024||Pedro Prado||English/Spanish||+info|
|Intermediate Year||Module 1 (I/II)||Madrid||Nov. 13 to 19, 2023||Irene Trajtenberg||Spanish||+info|
|Intermediate Year||Module 2 (II/III)||Madrid||Mar. 16 to 22, 2024||Irene Trajtenberg||Spanish||+info|
|Advanced Year||Module 1 (I/II)||Madrid||Nov. 1 to 7, 2024||Liana Netto||Spanish||+info|
|Advanced Year||Module 2 (II/III)||Madrid||Feb.-Mar. 2025||Liana Netto||Spanish||+info|
|Beginner Year||Module 1 (I/II)||El Rompido||Sep. 20 to 26, 2023||Liana Netto||English/Spanish||+info|
|Beginner Year||Module 2 (II/III)||El Rompido||Apr. 15 to 21, 2024||Liana Netto||English/Spanish||+info|
|Intermediate Year||Module 1 (I/II)||El Rompido||Sept./Oct. 2024||Lael K. Keen||English/Spanish||+info|
|Intermediate Year||Module 2 (II/III)||El Rompido||Apr./May 2025||Lael K. Keen||English/Spanish||+info|
|Advanced Year||Module 1 (I/II)||El Rompido||Sep./Oct. 2025||Lael K. Keen||English/Spanish||+info|
|Advanced Year||Module 2 (II/III)||El Rompido||Apr./May. 2026||Lael K. Keen||English/Spanish||+info|